And customize it as per their need. How will you feel if you can get everything just in one click from Quality Center say a graph showing the
Number of failed, passed & not completed scripts and the recent status of all the test scripts you are willing to see with the name of tester
,time of execution and pass/fail status without opening the Quality Center in real.
No need to worry if this is your daily requirement and you are bored opening the QC every time and fetching the data and creating the graphs.
This excel designed tool is there to solve your purpose.
The only effort you need to put is to provide some info in this sheet as below:-
QC Path: - http://qc.myworld.qualitycenter.com (URL you use to access the QC from your system)
User name: - XYZ (User name you use to access QC from your system)
Password: - passwd (Your QC password, No need to worry I have provided a customized system where you can hard code your password inside the code, so there will be no security issue).
Domain: - Domain you select for your project
Project: - Project for which you require the data
Now you must be curious how everything will look like after a button click, Hold on your breath and scroll down to see the images
Ok let me explain the GUI for this tool to you so that it will be easy for you to go through it.
1. Cell (A, 1) to Cell (A, 7) I have already explained above; Fill the corresponding ‘B’ cell for each Field. (Hey do not worry for the Cells marked in Black that I have removed for the time being just for my requirement, if you want I will open for it or will tell you where you need to modify in the code).
2. Once the required field is filled above press the “Get Data” button.
3. “Refresh” button will reset all the fields. So use it as per your need.
4. Once the “Get Data” button is clicked you can see the result below with all the details for the specified test scripts (I will tell you where you need to specify the test scripts).
5. Cell(A,13) :- It will display the name of test script
6. Cell(A,14) :- It will display the name of the tester
7. Cell (A, 15):- It will display the recent Execution date and time for that particular test script.
8. Cell (A, 16):- It will show you the status of that particular test script.
9. Once the “Get Data” button is clicked following Cells will be populated
• Cell(G, 2) :- Total Number of passed test cases
• Cell(H, 2) :- Total Number of failed test cases
• Cell(I,2) :- Total Number of Not Completed test cases
• Cell(I, 4) :- Number of test case executed by tester 1
• Cell(I, 5) :- Number of test case executed by tester 2
• Cell(I, 6) :- Number of test case executed by tester 3
• Cell(I, 7) :- Number of test case executed by tester 4
I hope now you must be curious to know about the graphs that will be printed for this data but wait before that I will tell you where you really need to specify the test script/cases for which you need to fetch the data.
Can you see there is second tab in that sheet named as “Path”, just look at the below figure 1.2 where I have specify the path of the test scripts whose data I need to fetch.
Can you see that I have provided the full path of all the test scripts for which data is required, Remember for my project the root folder is Test
So I have not specified it before each test path rather I have taken care for it inside the code only.
The original path for my test script is like as follows:-
However the word ‘Test’ I have skipped while writing the test path because I have embedded it inside the code only which is the root folder and common for all the test path.
I hope now it is clear to you why I have provided the path in this manner. Do not worry you will have full flexibility to take care of such things inside the code.
The third and most important tab which will give you a graphical presentation of all the data fetched by you, Can you see the Third tab in the sheet i.e. “Graph”. Just scroll down to see how it will look like:-
Huh the tool description is completed now everyone must be crazy to know about the coding part so I have Jolt down that also for you. Just to give you a background and details about the coding I have used OTA (Open test architecture) API’s to develop this tool.
The code for this utility is available at the following link, if you are good at coding the code is self-explanatory.
Check My New Blog: .
So if you have any query about this new approach or technology you can write to me at email@example.com.
I will be pleased to help you on this.